Thursday, July 12, 2007

my father when I was

MY FATHER WHEN I WAS…....


4 years old : my daddy can do anything
5 years old : my daddy knows a whole lot
6 years old : my dad is smarter than your dad
8 years old : my dad doesn’t know exactly everything
10 years old: In the olden days when my dad grew up, things were sure
different
12 years old: oh, well naturally , father doesn’t know anything about that. He is too old to remember his childhood.

14 years old : don’t pay any attention to my father. He is so old fashioned!

21 years old : him? My lord, he’s hopelessly out of date.

25 years old : dad knows a little bit about it, but then he should because he has been around so long.

30 years old : Maybe we should ask dad what he thinks. After all, he’s had a lot of experience

35 years old : I’m not doing a single thing until I talk to dad.

40 years old : I wonder how dad would have handled it. He was so wise and had a world of experience.

50 years old : I’d give anything if dad were here now so I could talk this over with him. Too bad I didn’t appreciate how smart he was. I could have learned a lot from him.

ANN LANDERS
TAKEN FROM “ CHICKEN SOUP FOR THE SOUL”

No comments: